Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day 2010: Part 1

To start off with, I was on a TIGHT budget for Father's Day this year.  We are doing the whole Dave Ramsey thing.  This is our 2nd "OFFICIAL" month doing the Envelope System.  I LOVE IT, but could it be any worse time to START the whole thing.  I mean seriously...Mother's Day, Father's Day, millions of Summer Birthday Parties and Wedding Showers, plus Vacation!!!  I know I would have another excuse if we started it at any other time, its just got me discouraged.  But I felt much better after I made the budget *semi* work for Father's Day.  The Dad's in our life love to snack!  So this is what we came up with...


We woke up to no kiddos on Father's Day morning.  Kylee was gone for a whole week to her other Dad's and Clancer spent the night at Gran's since we had a Farm Bureau function the day before.  So that left poor old Mom to make up for it.  So I threw together a quick breakfast of pancakes, sausage and homeade sugar syrup for the MOST AMAZING DAD out there....


We are so blessed to have this wonderful Father and Husband in our lives.  He loves us more than we can imagine and shows it in his actions everyday....


Watch out for Part II of Father's Day 2010.  I have a *belated* Father's Day gift for Cody coming soon.

Erika



1 comment:

Kelly Polizzi said...

i love the nuts about you. such a cute idea.