Monday, November 15, 2010

Amoxocillin Rash

This is how my baby woke up on Saturday morning. All the way down to her feet. (I'll spare you any other photos because Im sure you are already itching.) It didnt itch. She had been on Amoxocillin for 7 days. She woke up the Saturday before with a rash also (much milder), but it was a Strep Rash because she had Strep, which they prescribed Amoxocillin for. I called the On Call nurse, because my kids are breaking me with $25 copays. As she begin to talk to me about the Amoxocillin Rash, I realized that I had actually taken her in 8 or 10 months ago for a mild rash which they diagnosed as the Amoxocillin Rash. That time the rash showed up the 3rd day after she had completed the 10 day course of medicine. It is not an allergic reaction. Just simply a rash some people develop in the last few days of taking Amoxocillin. Needless to say, we will not be taking anymore Amoxocillin.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor kiddo :( Kidlet is allergic and did not show reaction until several days after completing the meds. Same rash but also he had stiff joints. It's too bad because now it rules out all of the cheapest antibiotics!

What Can He Eat? said...

ahh poor baby, Mani is allergic and had a very bad reaction when he was about Clancy's age. He had hives all over and his eyes were very swollen. It's hard to see your baby like that but hopefully it will clear up fast.

Patrizzia said...

yikes! Poor baby! I hope it clears up fast!

Kelly Polizzi said...

Aw poor thing, bet she hated that! I have never heard of this rash before, thanks for educating me. Hope it goes fast.