Tuesday, February 2, 2010

HFMD

Last week Bubby was sick. He started out with (what I thought was) a single blister on his tongue on Saturday. Then by Tuesday he had had fever for a couple of days and woke up Wednesday morning with a mouthful of blisters :(. I got him into his pediatrician Wednesday afternoon and she said it was Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Unfortunately, you just have to let it runs its course. So we went home armed with Motrin. My Mema was going to watch him on Thursday since it is contagious. Then she called at 6am on Thursday morning reporting that my Pop had the stomach bug all night. (The stomach bug had already been going around my office and my brother also had it the day before.) SO, I opted to stay home with him and try to keep him away from that. Unfortunately that did not work and he started vomiting that day. He was pitiful and we got lots of cuddling time in. By Friday afternoon he was back to his old self! Luckily no one else in our house developed either ailment!


Erika

1 comment:

Sarah Bauman said...

Poor Baby!! Hope he is feeling better!!